Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another New Beginning

2000. I left New York and flew south for a new and improved life. I was 27. Within a year, my whole foundation was ripped out from under me and I fell flat upon my face. I fell hard. The fall created hurricane force winds, a great deal of debris, some scratches, and a few gaping wounds. It took some time, but I was eventually able to see the rays of sunshine through that mushroom cloud of disappointment and sadness. The perspectives of who I was, who I am, and who I will be were new. I was forever changed.
I now look back on that amazing devastation as one of the best periods of my life. It allowed me to come to a new understanding of who I am. I have spent the last decade, my thirties, trying to live, laugh, love, forgive and let live; to the best of my ability.

My thirties have been amazing, but they are coming to a close. 2012 will be my last year to celebrate as a thirty-something. In January 2012, I will be 39. So many people speak as 40 as the beginning of the end. I plan to defy that by living 39 as a new beginning. This blog is the story of another new beginning for me. May it inspire you to be open to a few new perspectives, a few new things, and maybe even a new you.


No comments:

Post a Comment