Monday, February 27, 2012

The Jeans from the Bottom of the Pile

I have been comfortable with my weight most of my life, but I have never been the skinny chick. I think big girls can look great, be sexy and all that goes with it. It has become the point in my life where I am “thicker” than I’d like to be, struggle to enjoy the way I look and can not enjoy movement as much as I would like to. I reached this point about two years ago and lost a good deal of weight, dropped several sizes and began to enjoy a new me. Unfortunately, it has all crept back and brought a few extra pounds with it. I believe I weigh more now than when I delivered my near teenage son. The previous loss gave me a feeling of accomplishment and fun with clothes and movement that I haven’t felt in years and it has left me longing for it again.


The List includes a weight loss of forty pounds. Forty pounds is actually just a beginning to what I would like to accomplish. Sixty- five pounds would put me in a place I have not been in since my twenties. Eighty pounds would be an almost unimaginable weight goal for me. It is on. Two or three weeks ago I really began working at it with two simple facts, move more and eat less. One week ago I took a great step and joined and attended Weight Watchers (WW.) It all paid off, I pulled out a pair of jeans from the bottom of the pile Friday… they fit for the first time since the summer of last year. I rocked ‘em with sexy shoes for date night with the hubby! It probably means about a 7-10 pound loss to fit in those jeans. I followed date night up with my Saturday morning WW meeting and confirmed a loss of 2.2 pounds for the week. I may have been unhappy with that, but added to the jeans… fantastic!


A few blogs will be devoted to weight loss from here on in, hopefully stories of success… but I leave room for some challenges and maybe even failures too. With a little inspiration from Pinterest, I made a very practical and pretty reminder for my kitchen counter. Pictured are two glass jars, one represents “pounds to lose” and the other represents “pounds lost.” Each stone represents 0.1 pound, ten stones represents a pound. Saturday afternoon my husband helped me happily count out 22 stones for the empty “pounds lost” jar. Visual things are so important to me, the not so comfy clothes becoming comfortable are the best. With any luck, they will become too big and get handed over to another. Perhaps I will have a pair of way-too-big-now-big-girl-jeans to sew a great new Pinterest inspired purse!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jen! Keep up the good work.
    Tim Kuhn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so great to read. I lost a lot of weight last year and some of it has found it's way back. Your words are so true...I was never a thin girl, but it felt so good to go into a store and buy something fun. I love the idea of the stones. Keep it up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo!!!! Jen, so amazing. I lost close to 30lbs on WW! I still live by the app! Keep up the great work! It's such an amazing feeling when you get to put on that shirt or pair of jeans you truly love but have avoided because you know you'll feel worse after putting them on. WW and yoga. . . .changed my life. Sending tons of love and positive encouragement your way!! xoxo brian napolitano :)

    ReplyDelete