Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Intentions

Cliché gifts have not been a part of my recent years. I have received a new tow hitch for my birthday, chickens for Mother’s Day, and a motorcycle instead of an engagement ring. This Valentine’s Day season, I encountered an amazing opportunity for yet another uncommon gift; the power of intention. It was timely, local, and incredibly inexpensive. I seized the opportunity and Saturday morning we dashed off to our community college for two hours of the most powerful class on intention that we could experience together; couple’s massage class.


I believe wholeheartedly in the power of intention. I believe that with the right intention, all the forces of the universe can align and amazing, impossible things are possible. It was that amazing alignment I was seeking with this class. Alignments occurred before we even arrived as my husband actually agreed to go. So, in we walk, hand in hand, and were joined by five other couples on this amazing adventure. We journeyed together as the men began as the “givers” and the women the “receivers.” Our guide was Emma, an amazing CMT, who had humor, heart and an old soul. We laughed and learned together. I was pleasantly surprised with the natural talent my partner displayed. I became overwhelmed with the thought of how his heart was shared through his hands and got a little weepy during class.

We switched roles just in time for my nemesis, a foot massage. I despise feet, my own and those of others. The thought of someone else touching my stinky feet nauseates me and sends chills down my spine… and touching another’s feet, imagine your worst Fear Factor moment ten fold. It was all about intention right? I tried to conjure up the best intention ever, but apparently still contorted my face and my partner was aware. I got through it and was able to move on with success and true positive intentions. It ended all too soon; I really enjoyed our two hours.

As I reflect, I realize what a powerful experience we shared. I am blessed. My husband is amazing. I expected this class to teach him how to provide a decent massage. What I received was amazing, heartfelt intention from someone who loves me more than I give him credit for. What I learned is that my intentions are transparent too. He is not perfect, but I am not either. I am adding a new item to the list; I am setting a new intention. I intend to be the wife that makes my husband smile.

Happy Valentine’s Day. May you be moved to set an intention to care for yourself, and an intention to care for another.

P.S. If you need a fantastic, amazing, well intended massage… go see Emma (and tell her Jen and Joe from couple’s class sent you.) www.Namaste-Massage.net


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful post and your kind words. To know that you connected more deeply with your husband through intention (and he with you!)is a unexpected but glorious gift for me, as well. BTW...I had a feeling you were super-awesome and now I KNOW so! Blessings to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, Thank you... super awesome? wow :)
      I appreciate your guidance through the experience.

      Delete
  2. wow.. What a wonderful experience. It's cool to hear about your bonding with your husband.

    ReplyDelete