Monday, February 27, 2012

Pinterest Can Be Productive!

Today was my day off and in order to move more and eat less, I needed something to occupy my time and hands. I have envied the pallet projects on Pinterest and gotten my husband into collecting free pallets for us. We have quite a growing stack and he agreed I could use the long ones for a new chicken/duck/goose-coop! The work began at nearly nine this morning with coffee and water by my side. It took some time to restack the pallets, because all of the long ones were at the bottom of the piles. I found several and carried them a few to hundred yards or so to the new area. When my arms became so sore I couldn’t lift my coffee cup, I hooked the last stack to the Kodiak and dragged them down the hill.

I organized them by size and the brainstorming began… a few hours later I have the frame almost complete! The roof on the right was added after the picture, when my second wind hit. The goose and ducks will live on the left, the chickens on the right. The roosting poles are already nailed in place. This is just a resting place for the evenings to protect them from predators; they free range and swim in the pond during the day.

Ah, accomplishment. Another day off and I can nail on some siding and roofing. It is soon to be complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment